Sunday 22 July 2018

Top 10 Titles I want to see in VR

I'm going to break the chronological order of these blogs to bring to you a standard top 10 list. This list will go over the dream games I'd like to see ported or brought over to VR in some manner. This comes after playing VR for just over a week now.

These do not come in any particular order.

10. Papers, Please VR

Paper's, Please is a 2D game that I think would make for a great VR game. The game puts you in the shoes of a border officer in charge of letting people into your fictional country. Every aspect of this game I think would work great in 3D with motion controls. I also think it would be great if the game could go further and include a VR recreation of your home and other locations in the game. VR Papers, PLEASE!

9. Megaman Legends VR

There's something about the graphics of Legends that I think would translate extremely well in VR. It would have to change from 3rd person to 1st person perspective so that motion controls could make use of turning your arm into an actual arm cannon. The RPG elements are something that are currently extremely lacking in VR (as are any progression systems) so a game like this would breathe a huge breath of fresh air into a stagnating VR scene.

8. Silent Hill VR

I have to say that the Horror genre would work excellently in VR. A version of silent hill focused on immersion and less lengthy puzzle sections would be excellent. That one Silent Hill game that you start off in your apartment would make for a really compelling experience. I'd love to actually peek through a hole in my wall to see what my neighbor is up to. Or to look out my window to see what people outside are doing.

7. FTL VR

Alright, this one would take a lot of work to make it playable in VR. I see this one working as a multiplayer coop game. The ship would have different stations, each one offering varying functions to the player. One person would be working on the weapons, another as a pilot and etc. The captain would determine where to go next, relay important information to their crew, and dole out orders. I'm drooling just thinking about this.

6. The Sims VR

I want to be a sim in The Sims. You could still suggest other characters in your household do certain things, but for the most part they would take care of themselves and have their own minds. But what you do would be entirely up to you. The difficulty I can see here is that the Sims is a complex game, and VR by itself requires a lot of computing power. The game would have to be a lot simpler, with maybe a cap on characters in a house and a lot few interactive items to introduce to your house. Where the game would do well not to sacrifice is in sim to sim interaction. Honestly, I just would like to interact with the other sims in interesting ways.

5. Pokemon VR

The VR system is lacking in good RPGs and a great Pokemon game would work so amazingly. It would also work amazingly as a kind of MMO with different servers and everyone training and finding pokemons at the same time. I really wish pokemon could be recreated in VR somehow, and to keep its scale. Lots of monsters and lots of locations to visit.

4. No Man's Sky VR

I think this game is suited to being played in VR, much the same way Subnautica is. I don't even think that it would need a separate version to work in VR. Like Subnautica, I think this one would work best with a standard controllers over motions controls.

3. The Long Dark VR

Another survival game that I think would translate easily and amazingly into VR. This one might even make good use of motion controls.

2.  Mario Kart VR

Personally, the original MK for SNES is my favorite, so I'd love to see a VR mario kart game inspired by that one. I'd like to throw bananas and shells with one hand and hold the wheel and control the gas/break with the other.

1. Chat Bot VR

Honestly I'd love to chat it up with a custom AI bot. I would like to be able to customize how it looks and also what it says (even up to entering text myself for responses to specific questions). This is flowing into sims territory, but what would make chat bot unique is the breadth of its communication potential. It would also be great if one could introduce their bot to other humans. \

Well what do you think? Do any of these interest you? Would they fall on your own wish list?

No comments:

Post a Comment